The days have been getting longer and hotter and all we want to do is hang out by the water. Inspired by fun in the sun and the official start of summer, here is our list of fair trade and ethical beach day must-haves!
- Swimsuit. A cute suit to splash around in is top of the list! Right here from home is Minnesota based, Hack with Design House or, HDH. Their pieces are classy timeless options that are built to last. A bit on the sassier side is Vitamin A Swimwear based out of southern California. Their mission is to provide a swimwear option where style and sustainability coexist. They also have cute coverups in many different styles!
- Beachwear. Speaking of which, while you’re coming and going, check out this cute collection of beachwear. Each piece is a fair trade, artisan-made work of art that you can feel proud to show off as you head to the beach!
- Hat. Pair your suit and coverup with a super cute hat to complete the full look! This adorable option is affordable, stylish, and fair trade made!
- Sun Glasses. And if hats aren’t your thing, check out these FSC certified sunglasses from Proof Eyewear. This certification means that the manufacturing process or the glasses, and the materials the glasses are made of, do not harm the biodiversity and ecological processes of forests.
- Sunscreen. Stay protected from the sun with some amazing natural, fair trade sunscreen options. First up is Butterbeans Organics’ sunscreens which are “healthy for both people and the planet”. Or, you can try Soleo’s organic sunscreen which is based out of Australia, but you can find on Amazon for a simpler shopping process (:
- Beach towel. Beach towels are obviously a must if you plan on swimming or dipping your toes in the water. Made with 100% organic cotton are Boll & Branch’s luxurious beach towels that are so soft you will want to wrap yourself in them even in the hot heat.
- Beach blanket. If you plan on staying dry, a beach blanket is another option for lounging. These woven options from Sanyork Fair Trade come in a variety of colors.
- Snacks. Snacks are a beach day necessity. Nature’s Path gives you great options with their delicious bars and granola. They use organic ingredients in their products and their production facilities are zero waste!
- Headband. Keep wild beach hair at bay with an artisan made headband. This particular style can be found in red or blue at Ten Thousand Villages.
- Tote bag. Last, but not least, you need a super cute bag to store all of your beach day necessities! Our absolute favorite right now is the Poppy XL Tote. It is a stylish fair trade option that is the perfect size to fit everything.
*Keep in mind that these options are designed in ethical conditions and are made of Eco-friendly materials. The artisanship put into each piece is reflected in the price.