Do you have a passion for women's rights and fair trade and want to help us grow? Come work with us! We are hiring a driven, ambitious person who can take the lead on expanding our popup markets in Chicago. See the job description below for more details.
Job Description - Sales Associate
- Commitment: 2-4 popup markets per month, about 10-15 hours per month, more hours available during holiday season
- Type: Part-time, hourly wage
- Employer: Fair Anita SBC (www.fairanita.com)
- Location: Around Chicago and surrounding area
- Apply: via resume at email@example.com by August 20, 2018
About Fair Anita:
As a social enterprise, Fair Anita exists to create opportunities for women and girls, especially through leadership and entrepreneurship. We sell cute + ethical + affordable fair trade products made by talented female artisans in 9 countries around the world. Our message is women investing in other women: supporting one another’s leadership and growing comfortable in our skin, creating positive impact on communities locally and globally. As a Minnesota-based for-profit, mission-driven organization, we are demonstrating a model to generate profit and social value.
Fair Anita is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Off-site sales staffing: the Sales Associate is responsible for working various events and offsite sales, as determined in collaboration with the Operations Manager. As the Fair Anita representative at these events, the Sales Associate will be responsible for many tasks, including:
- Coordinate and execute different popup events in the Chicago area.
- Set up and take down of all off-site sales materials: 10x10 tent (if outdoor sale), table, displays, and merchandise.
- Greet every customer when they approach the table and share Fair Anita’s mission, as well as products and artisan stories with interested customers.
- Manage payments and process sales through the Square app.
- Engage and oversee part-time sales associate staff as the position grows.
- Inventory management: the Sales Associate will be responsible for helping to manage Fair Anita’s off-site inventory and additional tasks, including:
- Memorize the names of products and prices.
- Restock merchandise as necessary.
- Stellar customer service: the Sales Associate will act as the face of the brand, striving to provide the best customer service and care in line with Fair Anita’s philosophy.
- Work to make customers, not just sales, and learn to sell by satisfying customer needs.
- Understand the spirit of Fair Anita’s return policy.
- Provide information regarding upcoming Fair Anita sales.
- Maintain great relationships with the event organizers by introducing yourself at set up and thanking them at the end.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude.
- Financial Management: the Sales Associate will assist in maintaining accurate financial records.
- Create reports for each popup market.
- Make deposits at bank and fill change orders.
- Strong passion for women’s rights and Fair Anita’s mission.
- Excited to become key member of a growing start-up social enterprise. Cooperation is key: teamwork makes the dream work!
- Comfortable working in a variety of settings and neighborhoods -- churches, farmers markets, breweries.
- Flexible schedule: available to work some nights, early mornings, and weekends.
- Smartphone access that can process sales through the Square app.
- Access to a reliable car that can hold a 6-foot folding table, a folded 10x10 popup tent, 4 30-pound weights, up to 4 66-quart tubs of merchandise, and displays. Most standard-sized cars will work!
- Able to stand for up 5-8 hours without sitting and to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work outdoors in all different types of weather. We do lots of outdoor winter popups!
- Ideal candidate would have customer service experience and fair trade knowledge.